Lena Stevens of The Power Path forecasts the Unknown as the theme of this month. It’s only 3 days into November and we have the rest of the month ahead of us, so that seems obvious. But, let’s continue to roll with the forecast. I’m always able to find meaning in these insights.
The Unknown can be kind of a scary concept, yet an exciting and liberating one, right? When you don’t know, you’re almost forced to step outside of your comfort zone. It’s still a choice though. If you choose not to because of fear, chances are you’ll be stuck and unable to adapt. If you choose to, you’ll most likely be okay and progress.
I remember the first time I heard about “comfort zones”. I was on a 6th Grade week-long camping trip at Camp KEEP. For the first time, I was with a lot of kids I didn’t know, bunking in a cabin, showering outside, and brushing my teeth in what looked like a trough. On one of the cold and rainy days, we went for a hike in the mountains. I thought I was outfitted properly in my Payless hiking boots, but it turned out they had holes in them. I had to wrap sandwich bags around my feet, so my socks and feet wouldn’t get more soaked. Then, after all that, they talked to us about stepping outside our “comfort zones”. If this was what it meant, I HATED it!!! But, as horrible as I thought that experience was, I learned that I’d need to do that to adapt to new experiences and to grow.
Also, with the dark expansiveness of the Unknown, we’re able to be more creative and let our imagination roam. This can be great for envisioning what we want to manifest in our lives.
What can you do this month?
1. Surround yourself with a good support system. Those who are like-minded and encourage you to be your best.
2. Have a daily spiritual practice. Whether it be your religion, yoga practice, meditation, self-care practices; whatever it is that connects you with your internal-self and keeps you grounded.
3. You have 2 options: Be afraid of the Unknown and wait for it to pass OR face the Unknown and explore it. Turn fear into excitement!
4. Trust your heart over your mind. Your heart knows what you really want and need.
5. Let go of the past and let go of old, limiting beliefs.
6. Let go of the need to control and to know.
7. Beware of rash decisions.
8. Make your environment symbolic of how you are recreating yourself. Arrange some flowers in your house to make it beautiful, light a candle for relaxation, organize and get rid of clutter to create space. Create a sanctuary for yourself wherever you are.
For more on how the Unknown this month affects you, your relationships, environment, health, and in business, click over to MysticMamma.
How do you feel about stepping outside of your comfort zone?