Gone are the days when workout clothes were relegated to the gym. With the evolution towards living healthier lifestyles, people- on-the-go are taking their activewear from the gym to the streets. It helps that Lululemon’s derriere-lifting yoga pants made women feel comfortable, fantastic and stylish (and had men singing its praises). To keep up with the demand, iconic fitness brands like Nike and adidas have stepped up their sartorial game. adidas has a line by fashion designer Stella McCartney, while other luxury labels like Lucas Hugh and Chanel have joined their ranks. Fashion retail sites also took advantage of the opportunity in 2014 with Net-A-Porter launching Net-A-Sporter and celebrity-endorsed Fabletics coming onto the scene.
Featured in the January/February issue of CV Luxury, here is my edit of some of the best sportswear (and cold-pressed juices).
1. Athleta sweater, $118.
2. Lucas Hugh leggings, $429.
3. Lucas Hugh t-shirt, $139.
4. Valentino Garavani sneaker or this pair, $695.
5. Lorna Jane pant, $95.99.
6. Beyond Yoga maternity top, $75.
7. Beyond Yoga racerback, $73.
8. Beats by Dr. Dre wireless earphones, $199.95.
9. Fabletics top, $37.95.
10. Fabletics zipper legging, $75.95.
11. Solow bralette or this one, $58.
12. Solow legging, $90.
13. Ritual Wellness juice cleanse, $72/day.